When you have lots of friends on WhatsApp, your chat library is usually filled with text, media files and stickers. Text messages don’t hold much space on your iPhone’s storage. But pictures and videos occupy a lot of space in your camera roll, especially if you are part of a variety of chat groups. If you are tired of deleting files from the camera roll and are worried about excessive cellular data usage, let me help you to stop WhatsApp from saving photos and videos to iPhone Camera Roll.
How to Stop WhatsApp Automatically Save Pictures and Videos on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap Settings from the right corner at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to Chat.
- Turn the Save button to Camera Roll.
This option works best when you want to see every media file sent to you on your WhatsApp Chat but don’t want to save it in the Photos application.
If you want to save certain WhatsApp photos or videos, read our detailed guide.
How to Stop WhatsApp Automatic Download Media on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp → Open Settings.
- Tap Data Usage and Storage.
- Select the options you want from all 4 Photo, Audio, Video and Document media lists.
- Select Never from the 3 options that will appear to stop WhatsApp from automatically downloading media files on your iPhone.
If you are worried about cellular data storage and usage, you can take advantage of this option which serves as a final solution. After activating the ‘Never’ option, you can download media files that are important to you.
But in any case, storage space is not your concern, you can activate the ‘Wi-Fi‘ option to download media automatically when running on a Wi-Fi connection.
As everyday WhatsApp users, we know that not all media files are relevant to us. They are not helpful or entertaining. So if you have to choose one of the two options, what do you want? Give us a comment about that here.