Apple Watch You are an amazing sporting partner and can not only monitor your training but also provide insight into your health. Apple Watch Series 2 and newer can also be used to track swimming, as well as running or other activities. But the way to handle swimming is a little different. Don’t worry, we will walk – bad words intended! – you passed it.
It doesn’t matter if you are someone who is training for the Olympics or an amateur who likes to know if their time period is right, tracking activities using Apple Watch can provide useful information. This is the way to start swimming training.
Start Swim Training with Apple Watch
Like all exercises, you must open the Exercise application to get started.
- Use the Digital Crown or swipe the screen and tap “Swimming Pool” or “Open Water Swimming” depending on the activity you are doing.
- You can also tap three dots to change your time, calorie, or distance goal.
- If you choose “Swimming Pool” you will be given the option to choose the length of the pool. Use the digital crown to change the numbers on the screen. Tap “Start” when finished.
- Wait for the countdown of three seconds and start swimming. Or, tap the screen to skip the countdown completely.
- Your Apple Watch screen will automatically lock to prevent accidental taps during swimming.
End your swimming training with Apple Watch
Because your Apple Watch screen is locked, you need to follow a slightly different process to pause or end the training.
- Press the Digital Crown button and the side buttons together to stop your training.
- Rotate Digital Crown to unlock your Apple Watch screen. You will also hear a sound to ensure that water is released from the watch hole.
- Swipe right on the screen and tap “End” to finish your training. You will see a summary of your practice including the number of strokes and more.
Apple Watch does a very good job of recognizing what type of swimming stroke is done during your training too.
Now that you use Exercise and burn calories, why not share the progress of your Activities with your friends? Remember to use your AirPod while you are exercising!
You might also want to make sure you change the distance from kilometers to miles or vice versa so all your statistics make sense too!
Enjoy your training with Apple Watch, and let us know in the comments if you have certain experiences or thoughts that are worth sharing!