How would you like to try out some of the iMessage special effects? Emojis are great and all, but what if you want some of your messages to stand out when you’re texting friends and family? Thanks to iMessage, you can use various bubble effects like Slam, Loud, Gentle, etc. To express yourself in a striking and fun way when texting from your iPhone or iPad.
The Apple iMessage service is incorporated into the Messages app that comes pre-installed on iOS and iPadOS devices. It is very popular with Apple users, as it offers a free and convenient way to send SMS to other iPhone, iPad and Mac owners. Apple has been constantly tweaking and adding features to the Messages app to keep users engaged over the last few years. The bubble effect is one of those features you might find silly at first, but it’s really fun to use.
If you are unfamiliar, you may not know how to use or even access this feature in the iMessage application of your device. In this article, we will show you how you can send a bubble effect from the Messages app from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How to Send Bubble Effects with Messages from iPhone & iPad
Before you start, please note that the bubble effect will only work if the recipient is also an iMessage user. If you add effects to regular SMS, you will be able to see them in the Messages application, but the recipient will only receive plain text.
- Open the default “Messages” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open a conversation with an iMessage user and type something in the text box. Now, long press on the “arrow” icon for more options.
- You are now in the effects menu. Make sure you are in the “Balloons” section for a list of the four bubble effects that iMessage offers. Tap one of the gray dots to preview the effect.
- In this example, we chose the Loud effect. After you select the effect, tap the “arrow” icon to send the text.
- As you can see here, the effect starts playing back right after you send the message. On the recipient side, a bubble effect will appear when they open and read the message.
- If you want to play the effect again later, tap the “Replay” option which is located just below the text.
That’s all there is to it. Now you know how to use bubble effects with iMessages on your iPhone and iPad.
If you change your mind and want to exit the effects menu at any time, just tap the “x” icon.
The Messages app automatically plays this bubble effect when you receive it by default. However, if that doesn’t work well for you, check your device settings to make sure autoplay is turned on.
Apart from bubble effects, iMessage is also capable of sending full-screen effects such as confetti, balloons, fireworks, and more. This effect can also be triggered using keywords and phrases. For example, you can send someone a “happy birthday” message for a balloon effect. Or you can congratulate someone on the confetti effect.
Of the four bubble effects currently available, the Invisible Ink effect is the most interesting because it lets you hide not only text, but also photos and videos.
iMessage also packs other fun features like being able to mirror your facial expressions using Animoji to make conversations even more fun, and of course there’s also the iMessage App, iMessage stickers, and more.