Do you want to play Google Stadia on Mac and wonder how? Well, here in this article, you will know how to start playing Google Stadia games on Mac. You must have a membership on the Google Stadia platform before you can start playing there. Membership is based on a monthly subscription. You have to pay around $ 10 every month to become a member of Google Stadia. However, just having a membership does not mean you can play any game on Google Stadia. There are only a few free games to play if you are a member of Google Stadia. However, if you want to play more games then you have to buy it. Being a member, you will regularly get bonus games to be played at various intervals.
What you need:
- The latest version of the Google Chrome browser on Mac
- Google account
- Google Stadia Account
- Google Stadia controller or other supported controller or keyboard and mouse
- A stable and secure internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps
Connect the controller:
First of all, you need to set the Stadia controller to connect it to the Mac. To do that, you must connect one end of the USB cable to the controller and the other end of the cable to the USB port on the Mac. Remember that the Mac that you use may not have a regular USB port. So you might have to also connect a USB type-c to a regular USB adapter on a USB cable before connecting it to a USB type-c port on a Mac. When this USB cable connection is made, you will see a steady white light on the Stadia button on the Stadia controller. If you see this light, you can be sure that the connection was made correctly if not try connecting the USB cable again. Other USB controllers can be connected to the Mac in the same way.
If you don’t have a Stadia controller and have a Bluetooth controller, you can also connect it to your Mac. If you don’t have any controller, then you can connect the keyboard and mouse to the Mac and play them also on Google Stadia.
You should know that if you play multiplayer games on Google Stadia, you can only connect a maximum of 4 controllers, other than the mouse and keyboard, to the Mac.
To start playing at Google Stadia on Mac, you must follow these steps:
- Connect Mac to internet.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on Mac.
- Now, open the website https://www.stadia.google.com/ on Google Chrome.
- When the website loads, you must log in to the Stadia website using your Stadia account.
- Now, using the controller or mouse, navigate to the game that you want to play.
- Click the ‘play’ option near the game to start playing the game you want to play.
Points to note:
- If the game seems to be lagging or losing quality, that means your internet connection is not strong enough. So, you can try to improve your internet connection to get better quality games.
- If you stop playing the game, then you can continue playing at the same position in the game when you reconnect to the game even from some other device.