Don’t like iOS 14 on your device? Want to go back to iOS 13? Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13?
Have you installed iOS14? If so, let us know how you experienced them. Because not everyone thinks iOS14 or iPadOS 14 is better than iOS 13. There are so many users who feel that the performance is not better or maybe for whatever reason. So, if you are one of those who want to go back to iOS 13, then you can easily downgrade.
Yes, don’t worry, if you’ve downloaded iOS14 but don’t like it, you can go back to iOS13. Given below is a step by step guide with which you can downgrade from iOS14 to iOS 13. So let’s get started.
How to Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13?
There are two different ways to Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13. Check out both methods and try whichever you prefer.
Method 1: Downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 by using iTunes or Finder
- First, connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC with the help of a USB-C cable.
- Launch the latest iTunes or Finder.
- Open the iTunes application on your PC or Mac
- In the top left corner of iTunes, you will see an iPhone like icon, click on it
- Now, click on the “Restore iPhone or iPad” button. (While doing this, Windows users should hold down the left Shift Key and Mac users hold down the left Option key.)
- Now, you need to select the iOS 13.7 / iPadOS 13.7 IPSW file.
- Let the iTunes or Finder app remove the firmware and restore it to your device. (This will take a few minutes, so wait without rushing.)
After the restore is complete, you can set up the device.
NOTE: Make sure you make a complete backup of your device before you start following any method.
Method 2: Using Recovery Mode
- First, you have to download the iOS 13 OS file from Apple’s official website onto your device.
- Open the latest iTunes on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad with your Mac or Windows
- Now, put your iPhone or iPad into recovery mode. (How to put the device in recovery mode is described below)
- After you enter recovery mode, iTunes will ask you to choose to restore or update your iOS device
- Click on the Restore option
- The latest version of iOS 13 will be installed.
- Once the restore process is complete, you will see a Hello Screen and begin the setup process.
How to put an Apple device in Recovery Mode?
iPad Pro with Face ID: Press and release the Volume up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until the device restarts. Keep holding the Top button until your device enters Recovery Mode.
For iPhone 8 or later: First, press and immediately release the Volume Up button. Then press and release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until the device displays recovery mode on the screen.
For iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPod touch (7th generation): Simultaneously, press and hold the Sleep and Volume Down buttons. Keep holding the button until you see recovery mode on the screen.
For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad with Home button, or iPod touch (6th generation or earlier): At the same time, press and hold the Sleep and Home buttons. Keep holding the button until the device shows recovery mode.
It’s all about downgrading from iOS14 to iOS13. We hope that, after reading this complete guide, you should know how you can get back to the iOS13 firmware.