IPhone slow-motion clips recorded at 120 fps or 240 fps are amazing to watch. But depending on your use case and preferences, you may want to convert slow-motion videos to standard clips that play at regular speeds. So, if you are wondering how to turn your slow motion video of your child blowing out birthday candles or your cartwheels into a regular video on iPhone or iPad, here are quick steps to do it.
How to Convert Slow Motion Video to Regular Speed Video on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Photos app and stay on the Album tab. Scroll down and from under ‘Media Type,’ tap Slo-mo. Tap the video to open it in full screen.
- Tap Edit.
- You will see a thin slider with a vertical white line. While the sections with wide-separated lines represent the slow motion effect, the sections at the ends, with tight lines, represent normal velocity. Two sliders divide the two segments. Touch the slider and drag it in another direction. All widely spaced lines will line up. This indicates that the video will now play at standard speed. To check, tap the triangle play button.
- Tap Done.
Slow motion video has been successfully converted into standard video.
To discard these changes, tap Edit → Revert → Revert to Original. You can also use the sliders to adjust the part of the clip that you want to play at slow or normal speed.
- Even after converting to normal video, it is still listed under the Slo-mo category.
- Conversion doesn’t reduce the overall video size.
- You can’t convert standard iPhone videos recorded at 30fps or 24 fps to slo-mo using the Photos app. But you can use iMovie or any other iPhone or iPad editing app for this job.