In today’s era, a disturbing summons can be considered a weakness. Luckily, you can block certain callers on your iPhone, and ultimately walk away from them safely without cutting off the relationship with the person you want to talk to. Whoever it is, Apple lets you control the communications you receive from around the world. Now let’s start with the guide and learn how to block numbers on iPhone.
What Happens When You Block a Number or Contact?
- You can prevent spammers from approaching you via text message, call, or FaceTime after you Block them.
- Even after blocking a contact’s number, they can still send you voice messages, but you won’t receive messages.
- Messages sent or received will not be sent. In addition, contacts will not be notified about blocking them.
- Spam calls can also be suppressed by turning on the ‘silent unknown callers’ setting. However, after doing so, you will only receive calls from known callers or those whose contact numbers are stored on your iPhone. Open the Settings app → Open Phone → Scroll down and tap on Silence Unknown Callers and turn on the switch.
How to Block a Phone Number on iPhone
From the FaceTime app:
You can also block unwanted calls via Facetime; all you need to do is:
- Open the “FaceTime” application.
- To block a specific contact, tap on the ‘i‘ which is located to the right of the list of numbers.
- Click “Block this caller” and tap “Block“
From the Phone app:
Unwanted callers can be blocked smoothly from the Phone app, as follows:
- Open “Recent” from the phone application.
- Tap the ‘i‘ located at the right corner of each contact number.
- Scroll to the bottom of the contact and tap “Block this caller” and Confirm by tapping “Block Contact“.
From the Messages app:
Blocking callers via messages is also very easy: –
- Open the conversation that you want to block in the Messages Apps.
- Tap the contact at the top of the conversation then info.
- Tap the info and scroll down to find the Block this Caller option and confirm by tapping Block Contact.
How to Unblock Numbers on iPhone
Now if you want to unblock the contacts which you have blocked, these steps.
Now you will see a list of the contacts that you have blocked. Now, Swipe from right to left across the number of the contact you want to unblock and tap on Unblock.
The same procedure can be followed for “Unblock” anyone you have blocked from “Facetime” and “Messages” as well. All you need to do is, under the settings app, you have to select the app you want to unblock.
Open the Settings app → Scroll down and tap on the desired app → Scroll down to find Blocked contacts → Manage blocked list.